Sunday, June 30, 2013

“No one who cooks, cooks alone. Even at her most solitary, a cook in the kitchen is surrounded by generations of cooks past, the advice and menus of cooks present, the wisdom of cookbook writers.”― Laurie Colwin

I have always wondered what my life would turn into. Throughout the years, I have always struggled wondering what I was good at, what I wanted to do in my life, what made me happy and how I would make a difference.

I finally realized that it was always right in from of me, a passion for cooking for those who I love and who are dear to my heart. The kitchen is my sanctuary, a place where I can create a masterpiece that always puts a smile on someone's face. The best conversations and memories are surrounded around a dinner table, whether it's a Sunday Tradition, a celebration or a holiday that brings everyone together. We all have a favorite dish, a favorite memory or a funny tradition that is held surrounding the dinner table.

This blog to me isn't just about eating right, it's about bringing back the traditions of eating meals with those we love. It's a reminder to make time no matter how long your day is, it's always goes back to love and bringing us back to being surrounded by our family and friends. We live in a fast paced world, where fast food is a priority, frozen meals are acceptable, and where cell phones and tv's are blaring, where conversations have disappeared and lost all focus of who we are.

I hope this blog brings fun. laughter and happy tummies back into your home, as it has within mine.

Welcome to Miss Adelia's kitchen, I will be serving appetizers, easy, quick recipes, as well as full course meals. My servings may not be exact and I may not use the correct terminology that famous worldwide chefs may use. My cooking is done by taste, and with love from me to you.

Cheers!    

No comments:

Post a Comment